HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartOnly SuperUser can login...Only SuperUser can login...
Previous

Next
New Post
12/10/2010 4:11 PM

Hi,

To simplify the login problem I am having after a lot of further research... Only SuperUsers can login using the SmithCart login screens (signinpage and registercart). Regular users cannot. If I change a regular user to SuperUser, the SmithCart logins work! So, I have narrowed this pesky problem down.

Would you all know where to look next so regular users could use the cart login screens?

New Post
12/11/2010 5:06 AM

That might be related to the security settings of your page or module. Select the Products page and edit the page. What are the Permissions for the page? Now select the BuyNow module settings and are the permissions inherited from the page or different?

New Post
12/11/2010 12:18 PM

I checked and permissions are matching (and inherited). As I mentioned, if I change the user to Super Admin, the Smith Cart login system works.

I wonder what other module the Smith Cart depends on that could have had permissions changed.

New Post
12/11/2010 2:07 PM

Ok, my next question is what portal # do you have SmithCart installed on? (I'll bet it is not 0)

The reason it only works for superusers is that they can log into any portal.

I have found the bug and will pass it on to support.

New Post
12/11/2010 2:47 PM

You are right. It is portal 1. We never used portal 0 as DNN kind of installed itself like this (well, not automatically, but I created a single portal after installing the site as there was no portal listed by default). There is a 0 portal, and a 1 portal.

I have been messing with the site for 8 hours and have not been able to get this to work. Hopefully you found something.

I did read something that when doing authentication via an API you have to specify the portal as a prefix, but that is not something configurable that I can find.

New Post
12/11/2010 3:28 PM

Thanks to your research I located this within a few minutes. Fixing it takes a little more time.

PortalId is a very common issue with DotNetNuke modules and even with DotNetNuke itself. The trouble begins with a plain install of DotNetNuke which always works with PortalId of 0. When you have additional, deleted or expired pertals, things begin to behave differently. I spent weeks attempting to demonstrate how DotNetNuke was trying to write to the root of the hard drive instead of the root of the web application. They said it was not reproducable, only because it was only tested on a new install and only using portal 0. It was very reproducable with exisiting installations with multiple portals.

In fact, when AspDotNetStoreFront (ASPDNSF) was available for DotNetNuke the portalid used to change randomly which was extremely difficult to debug and caused all sorts of grief. It turns out that they were caching the PortalID upon initialization. This means that as long as the app stayed alive from web requests the program would work, but after an app shutdown, the next IIS request from any portal became the global PortalID used by the store. It is no wonder why that product was discontinued.

This issue is definately resoved but it requires a hotfix or new release.

New Post
12/11/2010 7:44 PM

Nice work in finding this bug and many thanks to Dwayne for sending me the code to fix it and the deprecated function!! I made the change and its looks like its working am creating a build and will have the hotfix posted to the cart downloads page by tomorrow.

Dave

At your service,
Dave Smith
DotNetNuke Consulting, DotNetNuke Store and DNN Ecommerce

Previous

Next
HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartOnly SuperUser can login...Only SuperUser can login...