HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartInternational handling issuesInternational handling issues
Previous

Next
New Post
8/18/2010 4:24 AM

We've set different values for "Handling charge" and "international handling", yet we always seem to get the "international handling" value charged. I've set the "Default country" to "United Kingdom", and the address the user picks for destination is also in United Kingdom, so I'm rather confused as to why this is occurring...

Any ideas?

New Post
8/18/2010 10:06 PM
Accepted Answer 

International handling was built to be US centric and doesnt take into account the home country defined in the cart settings. We will fix this issue and it will be availible in the next version 3.04

At your service,
Dave Smith
DotNetNuke Consulting, DotNetNuke Store and DNN Ecommerce

New Post
8/19/2010 7:55 AM

We were doing this in order to separate UK/international orders, but ideally we'd like to split it into UK/EU/rest-of-world. Any possibility of this appearing in later versions? Might well be useful to other EU users as "your country/rest-of-EU/rest-of-world", because that's the usual postage cost split.

New Post
8/19/2010 11:42 AM

Yes it is possible that in the near future we could implement the feature you described it may fit in nicely with the new mutli currency and language localization features we are adding to the cart. The multi-currency option we are implementing enables the visitor to view and purchase products in multiple currencies/prices.

We added a new button titled “Manage Currencies” on the store admin menu. When you click this button users can select a currency from the dropdownlist and then by clicking on the add button, it will be added to “StoreCurrencies”, a newly created database table. A new drop down list has been added to the “buynow” module which only shows the added currencies on the current store instance. Selecting a different currency from the dropdown list will update the price tag of products on the products page. If no currencies have been added in “Manage Currencies” then the store will automatically run on default currency.

We could leverage this new functionality to implement the handling feature you are looking for. In the short term though we will be fixing the international handling to use the default country configured so the handling charge is correct for non us countries.

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

New Post
8/24/2010 1:46 AM

We have fixed the handling charge so that it reads the default country configured in the cart settings and compares the ship to country and will display the proper domestic or international charge configured. This is being included in v3.04 release.

At your service,
Dave Smith

New Post
8/31/2010 4:25 PM

Hi Dave,

Please confirm whether this has been included in the latest release.

I'm also looking forward to this (we're in Australia), but I can't see it in the change log.

Thanks,

Daniel.

New Post
8/31/2010 4:31 PM

I can confirm that the International handling fix is included in the latest version of the cart v3.05

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

New Post
11/30/2010 5:15 PM

I'm now using smith cart 3.88, DNN 5.5.1.

I use shipping by order amount, and I have international handling set to $65, and the default country as Australia.

International handling seems to be charged for all customers, even Australians. Is this setting not working? Or have I missed something?

Thanks,

Daniel.

New Post
11/30/2010 5:58 PM

I will test this out tomorrow and let you know what I find.

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

New Post
11/30/2010 6:03 PM

Thanks. If possible, can you enable me to log in to the test cart?

I assume it is still this one:

http://www7.smith-consulting.com/

New Post
11/30/2010 6:43 PM

Please send an email to support@smithcart.com if you need a login.

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

New Post
12/1/2010 8:57 PM

I have verified the issue on the test site.

Shipping by order amount.

County = Australia.

International Handling = $65.

Australian customers charged handling fee.

See the test site now, or attached screenshots.

Please advise if I've got a setting wrong or if it is really is an issue. Thanks again.

Login to download attachment
New Post
12/2/2010 1:06 AM

This issue is fixed on the www7 test portal now, please confirm and we will release it in cart v3.95 in the next day or two.

At your service,
Dave Smith

New Post
12/2/2010 1:22 PM

Confirmed www7 test site now works for (Australian centric) international handling. Please confirm when it makes the next release either here or in the change log.

Thanks Dave.

Previous

Next
HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartInternational handling issuesInternational handling issues