HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartApply Coupon does nothingApply Coupon does nothing
Previous

Next
New Post
1/13/2011 1:15 PM

Not sure if this is a bug or a configuration problem, but on my View Cart page, I'm see very strange behavior w/ the Apply Coupon button.

1. If you enter a valid coupon code and click Apply Coupon, the page refreshes, but nothing on the page changes (coupon is not applied).
  2. If you enter an invalid coupon code and click Apply Coupon, the page bounces back to the Buy Now page with an "Object Reference not set to an instance of an Object" critcal error.

DNN Community Version: 5.06.00

Smith Cart version: 3.98.0

Is there something I can do to get this working properly?

-Bob

New Post
1/13/2011 2:28 PM

Im not able to replicate this on my dev system. Can login to our test site http://www7.smith-consulting.com/ and try to reproduce the issue.

Please send an email to support@smithcart.com if you need a login.

Scott Kelly
Project Manager
DotNetNuke Consulting, DotNetNuke Store and DNN Ecommerce

New Post
1/13/2011 3:04 PM

Thanks for the response. I got a login and as able to recreate the issue.

Here's what I did:

• Created a coupon called "disc" for $50 off the entire order.
  • Changed the Buy Now settings: Coupons -> Show Coupon to be checked.
  • Added Madden 2010 to my cart.
  • Clicked "View Cart"
  • First typed "asdf" for a coupon code, and got the Null Reference exception.
  • Then tried "disc," which seemed to postback OK -- no errors -- but did not give me any discount.

I did more testing on my own server and found that it works if I assign coupons to specific products, but we're looking to have a promo code that just takes a set amount off the entire order.

Thanks,

-Bob

New Post
1/13/2011 3:47 PM

Programming has fixed this and I am posting a hotfix for cart v3.99 to the downloads page now. Thanks for reporting it!

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

New Post
1/14/2011 12:43 AM

Thanks for the fix, is there an easy way to apply this hotfix?

New Post
1/14/2011 12:59 AM

Just copy the dll in the zip to your \bin folder

At your service,
Dave Smith

New Post
1/14/2011 1:03 AM

Thanks.

New Post
1/14/2011 6:36 AM

Thanks for the quick fix. I don't seem to have access to the downloads page. Do I need to put in a request to be able to access that tab?

Thanks,

-Bob

New Post
1/14/2011 7:08 AM

I also cannot access the download tab, and when I try the trial 3.98 comes up

New Post
1/14/2011 10:59 AM

If you forward your purchase receipt and your userid on our site to support@smithcart.com we can give you access.

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

New Post
2/25/2011 7:37 AM

I am also having this same issue, but cannot download 3.99. I believe this may be the cause of my other issue.

New Post
3/2/2011 8:04 AM

I've contacted support, but still nothing.

New Post
3/2/2011 11:03 AM

I dont see an email from idrivemarketing in the support inbox can you resend the email and let me know what name the email is coming from so I can lookout for your email. The cart comes with 3 months of access to the cart downloads page from your date of purchase so if you are outside the 3 months it may be the reason you dont have access.

-Scott

Scott Kelly
Project Manager

Previous

Next
HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartApply Coupon does nothingApply Coupon does nothing