HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartBUG in quick order entryBUG in quick order entry
Previous

Next
New Post
12/1/2010 9:49 AM

(Original message started below... more information here)

It has to do with the deletion of an item in Quick Order Entry.

If you add 2 items using Quick Order Entry, then delete the BOTTOM entry (which would be the last one entered), it deletes the one above it, instead of the one that you clicked on.

This explains why people are having problems... they type in a SKU, realize it's not the one they wanted, put in a quantity (because they have to), delete it from the bottom, it deletes the SECOND from the bottom, and they one they didn't want moves up, and the one before that that they DID want disappears.

Tested several times on my site; able to repeat the behavior consistantly.

Haven't gotten it to throw an exception, but I'm willing to bet that they are related.

-----------------------------------------------

I'm getting probably 2-3 complaints a day about errors in the Quick Order Entry module.

It seems to happen when they delete an item from the Quick Order Entry screen.

Additionally, I had a user report (correctly) that if you type in an incorrect, but valid SKU, there is no way to go back/undo/abort that line without putting in a quantity.

This person reports that they are trying to add items to the Quick Order Entry screen.

Here is the error from the event log:

AssemblyVersion: 5.5.1
PortalID: 0
PortalName: Advantage Emblem
UserID: 22679
UserName: dansers6
ActiveTabID: 279
ActiveTabName: Quick Order Entry
RawURL: /StockPatches/QuickOrderEntry.aspx
AbsoluteURL: /Default.aspx
AbsoluteURLReferrer: https://www.advantageemblem.com/StockPatches/QuickOrderEntry.aspx
UserAgent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.19.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.3 Safari/533.19.4
DefaultDataProvider: DotNetNuke.Data.SqlDataProvider, DotNetNuke.SqlDataProvider
ExceptionGUID: 44349e76-d13a-4085-980f-f2bd6aaa5527
InnerException: Input string was not in a correct format.
FileName:
FileLineNumber: 0
FileColumnNumber: 0
Method: System.Number.StringToNumber
StackTrace:
Message: DotNetNuke.Services.Exceptions.PageLoadException: Input string was not in a correct format. ---> System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) at System.Number.ParseDecimal(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Convert.ToDecimal(String value) at Smith.DNN.Modules.QuickOrderEntry.QuickOrderEntry.btnAddSku_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
Source:
Server Name: WEBSERVER2010

New Post
12/1/2010 8:42 PM
Accepted Answer 

Greg,

I just emailed you a new dll to fix this bug. Its for cart v3.95

Dave

At your service,
Dave Smith
DotNetNuke Consulting, DotNetNuke Store and DNN Ecommerce

Previous

Next
HomeHome Product Discus... Product Discus...SmithCartSmithCartBUG in quick order entryBUG in quick order entry