Creating a product catalogue where pricing,Qty and Add to cart are only shown to registered members and where the price is different based on the members role.
- Public users should be able to browse the product listing page and product detail page but see no price info qty or add to cart buttons
- Registered members should see a member price(Their Price) beneath the unit cost price(List Price) on both the listing page and details page
- Registered members will be shown different prices on both the listing and details page in the member price based on their role
- Enabled Show Member Prices By Role in Coupon & Discounts in setup
- Created a product
- Created 1 member pricing on that product for registered users as a test, this had label 1 and price 1 filled in
- Member pricing will show up on the listing page instead of the list price as expected but will not show on the details screen only the unit cost (BUG i believe)
- Created 1 member pricing on that product for registered users as a test, this had label 1 and price 1 filled in and label 2 and price 2 filled in to see if it made a difference as it did in 4.67.
- Labels are ignored but both prices show on the listing screen enabling me to change the resource labels to List Price and Their Price so this appears to be a usable work around, however on moving to the details screen the Unit cost is again displayed and the member pricing is ignored (The BUG above).
I assume using the work around with the 2 member prices will not work as when the above mentioned bug is fixed it will return to radio buttons on the details screen the same previous versions so this method can't be used to show List Price and Their Price
- The ability to hide quantity, add to cart and prices for public users only does not seem to be achievable without creating 2 of each module with view permissions set on the module settings rather than within the module configuration.
Any one experience these issues or can provide work arounds or fixes please let me know?
Thanks for responding promptly Kevin.
I am using 4.84 purchased yesterday hence the licensing key missing in some of the screen shots as i have not received it from my request yet.
Hope the screen shots are enough info,
I have included all the general and module settings plus:
- 3 screen shots of when there is 1 member pricing (label & price) and the results on the listing and detail screen from this (1MemberPricingAdded, 1MemberPricingAddedListingResult,1MemberPricingAddedDetailResult) this is ISSUE 1 in my original post although ignore the resource string used on the listing page as this was changte from "Price"
- 3 Screen Shots of when there are 2 member pricings (label1, price1, label2, price2) and the results on the listing and detail screen from this (2MemberPricingAddedSettings, 2MemberPricingAdded,2MemberPricingAddedDetailPageResult) this is ISSUE 2 in my original post although and includes change resource strings for the listing page
NOTE: the reason for 2 modules on each page is for public view and registerd view to hide all prices, qtys, etc. which is ISSUE 3
p.s. i could arrange host access to the dev site if required off the forums if you cannot replicate internally.
which version of DNN are you currently running?
Since your setup is a little complicated, can you login to our test site and try to replicate the issue? This will determine if the issue is with the latest version of the cart or an issue with your specific dnn portal/cart install.
Please send an email with a link to this post to firstname.lastname@example.org if login credentials are needed.
Any luck with the issue with the product details module and the prices that do or do not appear.
These were confirmed as being replicable via email with you however i have come across another similar issue.
I have dicounts by role enabled using Product Percent/Amount Discounts By Role and Enable Member Discount Percent By Role in the cart settings.
After setting up a discount for a role the correct amount is shoing in the buy now module but then on switching to the view detail or product detail module the price is not showing any discounts applied.
Is this issue being addressed in the upcoming 4.95 release?
Hello, I am using the SC 4.93 and have the same problem using member price by role.
Any news about this issue?
Is it the version 4.98?
Hi Kevin, you gave us an estimated date to the new version: April/16. Is about this I am talking about. Do yo have another date? Thanks
Any date, please?